- If the course already has "regular" Distance Education (DE) approval, and you would not want to change that in the event of an emergency, there is no need to submit this form.
- If the course has DE approval as hybrid-only (partially in person, partially online) but in the event of an emergency, you want the option to move fully online, request Emergency DE for fully online.
- This form may be used to request Emergency DE for multiple courses if necessary.
- Want to add regular DE to be used at any time? Follow these instructions
Form submission instructions while working remotely:
The Curriculum Office recommends -
- Faculty submitter fill it out and email the completed form to the department's administrative assistant (AA)
- AA's receive "signatures" from Department chair (if different from submitter), and from Dean
- AA's (or Deans) send Curriculum Technician, Chas Crocker, an email with the form attached.
After the form is received in the Curriculum Office, it will be forwarded to the CRC Emergency DE Reviewers.
Emergency Distance Education Information:
The California Community College Chancellor's Office (CCCCO) released memo ES 20-12 on March 31, 2020 stating another emergency blanket addendum/waiver that would apply beyond 2020 was not expected. As a result, SRJC's Academic Senate has supported the addition of Emergency Distance Education approval for individual courses.
In the event of an emergency, including the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, courses normally only offered via face-to-face instruction may be able to continue remotely if they have been approved for Emergency Distance Education.